No matter how hard this may sound, there will come a time when our beloved home will have to undergo roof repair. Before meeting this unfortunate scenario, the ten tips below will come in handy in finding a contractor that will give justice to roof repair.
1. Get local referrals Why look any further when roof repair contractors could just be sitting under your nose? Ask your family, friends, or colleagues for possible referrals and you might just find the right contractor that could be trusted with your roof repair.
2. Observe manufacturer designations Look for manufacturer designations on your next roof repair contractor as this will guarantee their credibility in their business. Any roof repair contractor using them must follow certain requirements to achieve the factory-certified status.
3. Do a BBB (Better Business Bureau) ratings check Disasters might urge us to resort to contractor we can reach the fastest but take note that it is still very necessary to do a little background check on your contractor on the BBB website to ensure they have an acceptable score.
4. Take an inclusive warranty Make sure your roof repair contractor includes an extensive warranty that not only include liability clauses for the manufacturer, but also covers contractor’s workmanship. With this, you cannot be taken advantage of when there are any errors in their work.
5. Pay attention to safety See to it that the roof repair contractor you will choose is qualified and has obtained adequate skills in training and safety practices to avoid accidents and failures in the reconstruction of your home.
6. Check insurance and licensing Inspect if your roof repair contractors hold proper insurance and licensing documents that they can give to you for security purposes. The absence of these requirements might put a toll on you if one of the employees gets injured while working on your property.
7. Pay your deductible Stay on the legal side by paying your employees’ insurance deductible to avoid committing insurance fraud.
8. Deal with your own claim Do not let your roof repair contractor negotiate on your insurance claims even though they offered to do it because it is against the law. As we have said on the seventh tip, stay on the legal side.
9. Fight pressure Never enter a deal or agreement on roof repair that you have no full understanding of just because some contractors pressure you to do so. Always keep a clear mind to avoid hiring the wrong people to do the roofing job for you.
10. Know what you want Say no to any roof repair contractor who gives you limited material options. Keep in mind that as a employer, you should have variety of options so that you can pick something that suits your preference.